The Palace Hotel is Salida, Colorado’s premier historic boutique hotel established in 1909. Uncompromised elegance and “Old West” charm create a bastion of comfort and class deep in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Here, vintage chic meets the modern amenities, in 15 genuinely considered suites. Located in Historic Downtown Salida alongside the banks of the Arkansas River, the newly renovated Palace Hotel offers boutique caliber lodging within footsteps of shopping, dining and fly-fishing. Friendly staff, local knowledge and personalized service are just a few of the benefits that still come customary in the small town’s of today’s American West. For a well-deserved dose of peace and tranquility, make the Palace Hotel your next high altitude destination.
The newly restored Palace Hotel embraces environmental sustainability and civic accountability as the core of its construction and business practices. Located in the heart of the majestic Rocky Mountains, we are reminded everyday of the responsibility we have as stewards to this land, and the people who call it home. Through action and education, we strive to serve our guests, and our community, with high-quality, low impact lodging that provides viable employment and stimulates the local economy.
Part of the beauty of historic restoration is that neither the original labor nor the original materials are completely lost or abandoned. We recycled as many original materials as possible keeping them in the hotel and out of landfills and salvage yards.
- A 10 kilowatt photovoltaic system feeds back into the power grid to help offset energy use.
- Thermopane historic wood replacement windows installed in compliance with the Historic Preservation Society.
- Additional insulation in the attic increases “R” rating.
- Energy Star appliances (including AC) en suite, and throughout the hotel.
- High efficiency central heat recovery unit (HRV).
- Extensive use of compact fluorescent lighting with dimmer switches.
- Use of locally made products.
- Water efficient toilets and shower fixtures in all suites.
- Instant hot water recirculates.
- Guest towel and bed linen reuse program saves water.
- Recycling of all cardboard, metal and plastic during construction process.
- Recycled all useable wood mouldings during restoration process.
- Use of low toxicity water-based finishes wherever possible.
- On going waste recycling program
- Create environmental awareness among our employees, guests, suppliers and community members.